– M.E. Genievich, Small Business Owner“I have suffered from chronic pain due to nerve damage in my leg for over a decade. I found an excellent pain management team, but I began to experience excruciating pain in my foot and feared the nerve damage was spreading. I was referred to Dr. Prasad. Little did I know, thanks to Dr. Prasad, I was on my way to a complete cure. Dr. Prasad made the correct call, accurately performed a minimally invasive surgery, and stopped the pain. My foot is 100% pain-free! He is Outstanding.”
Welcome to Garden State Foot & Ankle
Dr. Manooj Prasad and the professional team at Garden State Foot & Ankle believe that your feet are a priority. Our dedicated team is ready to serve you as we walk you through the process of diagnosing and treating your foot & ankle pain and/deformities. Our goal is to provide you with an experience that leaves you feeling better and gives you that bounce back in your step.
Comprehensive services include:
- Bunion and Hammertoe Correction
- Heel Pain Treatment, Non-Invasive to Minimally-Invasive
- Fracture and Trauma Care for Foot and Ankle
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers/Wound Care
- Diabetic Foot Care
- Plantar Warts
- Diabetic Shoes/Custom Orthotics
A podiatrist is a doctor of podiatric medicine (DPM), also known as a podiatric physician or surgeon. Podiatrists diagnose and treat conditions of the foot, ankle, and other structures of the leg.
I use the lasted implant from In2Bone, which allows for shorter heeling time.
Plantar fasciitis is common in middle-aged people. It also occurs in younger people who are on their feet a lot, like athletes or soldiers. It can happen in one foot or both feet.
Plantar fasciitis is caused by straining the ligament that supports your arch. Repeated strain can cause tiny tears in the ligament. These can lead to pain and swelling.
Manooj Prasad, DPM
Dr. Manooj Prasad of Garden State Foot & Ankle Group, located at 20 Hospital Drive, Suite 9 in Toms River, is an experienced doctor of podiatric medicine and trained surgeon who focuses on disorders of the foot, ankle, and lower leg. Dr. Prasad offers comprehensive care exploring both non-surgical and surgical treatment options based on his patient’s needs and lifestyle.
Dr. Prasad was born and raised in East Brunswick, New Jersey. He completed his undergraduate studies at Rutgers University, and received his doctorate from the New York College of Podiatric Medicine. His surgical training was completed at both Our Lady of Mercy in the Bronx and St. Vincent’s Hospital Brooklyn-Queens. He then continued with advanced training in foot and ankle surgery with nationally-renowned surgeon, Dr. Stanley Kalish, in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Prasad is one of the only surgeons in the area trained to perform the STAR Total Ankle Joint Replacement, the latest treatment for severe ankle arthritis. He also uses the latest technology for wireless hammer toe correction surgery providing a quicker recovery time.
Feeling that Ocean County was a great place to begin his career and raise a family, Dr. Prasad opened his practice originally in Lakewood, and recently moved to his current location in Toms River. He lives in Toms River with his wife, Krystin, a native to Toms River, along with their four children. He enjoys gardening, tennis, and training his dog, Max. He is on staff at Community Medical Center, Clara Maass Medical Center and Kimball Medical Centers.
Call the Office
Payment Types Accepted
Cash, Check, Money order, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Amex and Debit cards.
Book Your Appointment Online
Insurance Types Accepted
- Aetna HMO & PPO
- Cigna HMO & PPO
- Empire Blue Cross
- First Health
- Great West
- Guarantee Trust
- Horizon Blue Cross – All
- Horizon NJ Health
- IE Shaffer
- Insurance Design Administrators
- Iron Workers
- Locals – most
- Mutual of Omaha
- National Letter Carrier
- NJ Carpenters
- NJ Manufacturers
- NY District Council of Carpenters
- NY Government Employees
- Railroad Medicare
- Sierra Tricare Military
- St. Barnabas
- United Healthcare Wausau
- US Family Health Plan
- Most Automobile and Workman’s Compensation Carriers